19 Mar Press Release – New Lots for Sale at Hickory Nut Forest
Hickory Nut Forest
Announces New Lots for Sale
Gerton, NC – Hickory Nut Forest recently added six smaller lots ideal for building a cozy home, cottage, weekend getaway cabin, or even a tree house. By becoming a part of HickoryNutForest, one receives much more than a beautiful mountain home site. Community members are entitled to:
- a personal forested home site protected by covenants and surrounded by a forever-wild conservation easement
- an adjacent 200-acre nature preserve connected to 15 miles of hiking trails, streams and waterfalls
- an organic community garden and orchard with over 100 fruit trees (including apples, pears, cherries, plums, kiwi, peach, almond and more)
- Laughing Waters Retreat Site and Community Center with its various events and programs and now powered by the stream flowing just behind it
- a sustainable community of solar and energy-efficient homes, with a goal of creating more renewable energy than the community uses
- only 20 minutes to Asheville with all its music, food, art and entertainment
Currently three homes have been completed and a fourth is under construction. HickoryNutForest encourages a diversity of home styles by having no minimum house size and permitting alternative building methods, as long as the homes are energy efficient. All the lots have seasonal views of Hickory Nut Gorge and are a short walk to Hickory Nut Creek. Lot packages also include design ideas for creating a solar home. Seller financing for lots is available for qualified buyers.
Jane Lawson and John Myers are the founders of Hickory Nut Forest in Gerton, NC which encompasses over 240 acres in Hickory Nut Gorge, 17 miles southeast of Asheville. It combines land conservation, green-built homes, organic orchard/gardens, miles of trails, and renewable energy from the sun, water, and wind. In the heart of Hickory Nut Forest sits the community center and retreat site, Laughing Waters.